Hey my beautiful ladies! You might have already noticed – Boho chic fashion trend is back!! For those of you who are interested in history, its inspired by Bohemian lifestyle or the hippie movement of 1960s and 1970s. The etymology of the word goes to the land of Bohemia, having been located on the territory of the present day Czech Republic. It’s funny to know that in French language word bohémien means gypsies. The bohemian style is especially noted for a few characteristics, among which the keys are:
- The use of natural fabrics like linen, velvet, chiffon, silk, fur, suede, leather, denim, cotton;
- The multi-layered textures – The base layer often features a spaghetti top, vest top or little stretch tee. A bra top is also a popular choice, especially when teamed with a mini-skirt or tight shorts, with an oversized jacket or cardigan to top it off;
- Comfort in everything, especially the shoes, which are traditionally made with not too high heels, on platform or wedges;
- The lavish amount of accessories. The latter may include bracelets, sunglasses, necklaces, belts, earrings, pearls or jewels, bands, headbands etc;
- Natural tones and colors. Autumnal earth tones such as deep browns, rich tan and charcoal black are all present, with cool neutrals like delicate beige and taupe, chalky white and soft cream making an appearance too. This immediately implies the absence of neon shades;
- The existence of floral patterns, checks, ethnic inspired prints, eclectic hints and avant-garde style accents;
- High waisted designs, flare finishes, fringes, big accessories, lace, maxi skirts, variously textured pieces, knitted details, etc.
When you’re thinking about how to dress bohemian, there are plenty of things to consider. The first and maybe the most important thing is the choice of garments. The easiest way of going boho is incorporating some typical bohemian style clothing into your wardrobe, including maxi dresses or maxi skirts which can be matched with crochet tops, oversized shirts, graphic t-shirts or simple chambray tops. Ripped denim pieces, like short shorts, jeans or rompers, loosely hanging mini dresses, crochet, denim or fur vests are other typical bohemian style garments. As for the boho style shoes, you need an ethnic inspired sandals having the influence of Greek, Roman, or African styles, cowboy boots, etc., but the most important is that they should be matching the shade of the garments and more preferably have neutral tones like beige or brown. Accessories are just as important to the boho style as your actual clothing. Carefully chosen items such as vintage-style sunglasses, necklaces, belts, scarves and hats, can make the world of difference to your overall appearance.
So my beautiful ladies, below you’ll find 15 boho outfits that should give you some inspiration how to show off your bohemian style this spring and summer. Check them out and have fun!