Hey my beautiful ladies! One thing I love about nail art is that there are so many new techniques to learn all the time. You know that I’m always on the hunt for the newest nail trends and the fanciest nail art, which is why the splatter nail art definitely caught my eye. Splatter nails are colorful, and look like they took an eternity to do, even though they’re quick and simple enough to do at home! The fun part is that splatter nails look different every time you do them. So check the tutorials below and learn how you can create your own splatter nails.
Doesn’t this look like so much fun to do? I can’t wait until I find out what this looks like on my nails!
And here are some tricks you need to know:
- Don’t put too much polish in the straw/on the brush.
- Consider using a thin straw rather than a really fat one to give you more control over the size of your splatters.
- Use viscous polish to ensure an easy splatter.
- If your polish is too thick, you can add one or two drops of pure acetone to your polish bottle and mix to thin the polish.
- I recommend covering your workspace with newspaper – this can get a little messy!
Also check out the pictures below! They are a great example of the different looks you can get by doing this nail art – the splatters look totally different. For example, red splatter nails would be ideal for Halloween, a fine light yellow splatters on a dark base would suggest the night sky, lots of crazy colors would be full-on Pollock, black or navy blue on white would look like ink blots, you could do warm browns for speckled eggshells — but no matter what color you choose to use, the technique is the same.
Do you like these splatter nail designs? Do you find them interesting and fun? I would love to know your opinion, so feel free to share your comments below. If you have some other suggestions and ideas that you want to be shown on our site, please add them in a comment too. Thank you for reading and of course, don’t forget to stay up to date with the content of Fashionsy to find many other nail designs you can draw inspiration from.