Facing the statement “it is easy to write about fashion, it’s not nuclear physics!”. Fashion journalists are surprised: why are there so few armies of intelligent authors on fashion sites, especially those whose content is replenished by the forces of readers? Maybe, in fact, it is not so easy to cover fashion events and current trends? And if you still want to write articles about fashion, how to start? Use these tips from professionals of custom essay writing service.
To begin with, a lot depends on the format of the article you were asked in college. If the article is entertaining, focused on a very wide circle of readers of a magazine or website, where not only narrow issues are covered, but also near-year, so-called women’s topics, such as weight loss, appearance care, cosmetics, the psychology of relationships, etc. then such an article is easier.
If the article implies a more professional look at fashion, creating a material without basic knowledge is no longer possible. However, this is not a reason to get upset. The main thing is to take the first step, and understanding of the topic and knowledge will come with time and practice.
Do not write articles describing the collections!
It may seem that the article describing the collection is the easiest and low-cost way to write an article about fashion in college. I copied the pictures, indicated the source, sketched a quarter of a sheet of text, and voila! The article is ready!
However, the notes-descriptions of the collections are the ultimate aerobatics of fashionable journalism, “alpha and omega”, like Bach’s partitas for violinists and “class” for ballet dancers! If you can give a competent description of the collection, it means that you will be able to talk about almost anything with regards to fashion.
The same applies to articles on trends. Of course, no one will forbid an author who does not know the main collections of the season from copying pictures from the Internet articles of other masters of the buzzword. However, such exercises lead to the fact that in the materials on trends of the spring-summer 2019 season photos from the collections of two or even three years ago flash, and this is not very good.
So what to write about?
About the trends that can be traced in the collection, about the designer, about the style of the collection, about the techniques: cut, design, fabrics, some moments from the history, nuances of the show, your own perception.
Start with what is already meaningful!
For example, from biographies of designers, critics, well-known editors of fashion publications. The beauty of this topic is that real people are not fabulous Disney characters! Therefore, there is always something to reason and analyze.
No need to 1001 times rewrite in your own words the biography of Chanel. Even if you think “ I want to write my essay today”, don’t rush.
Read not one, but three, five ten articles about the chosen hero, try to make a more voluminous portrait than the banal “the greatest in the world of fashion”, etc.
And some more practical tips:
- The best friend of the author of the articles is a dictionary of synonyms. Even by the way the collection can pick up a synonym, and not part of them 5 times a sentence.
- “Doubt!” and recheck information.
- Your style is not only a certain order of words in a sentence but also the manner of the design of articles, illustrations, and other nuances. Look for your own style.
- No need to throw everything in a handful, talking about fashion trends as such. Write about specific collections of specific fashion houses. Write about specific designers, fashion designers, and other comrades, too, separately. Write about handbags in one article, about shoes in another, about the color of lipstick in the third one.
- Give up harsh judgments. You do not have the right to evaluate, because if you do not have your own website about fashion with an attendance of 100,000 people, then you cannot claim to be a connoisseur or critic. You are a correspondent and Writing Guru who shares with the reader a description of what he saw or learned. Well, what is being said or bad is good, let the reader decide.